عنوان مقاله [English]
Background and purpose: The safe and health drinking water is one of the vital factors of human life. The reason for this issue is the existence of various strict standards as WHO and EPA in the world and 1053 standard in Iran in the recent years. This study was implemented to evaluate the effect of seasonal changes (spring and autumn) on the physical and chemical properties of drinking water in Sefid-allah village of Qom province.
Materials and methods: Measurement of physical and chemical indicators was carried out by the rural wastewater organization of Qom from the potable water sources of Sefid-allah village in two seasons spring and autumn 1390 and 1391. Analyze of parameters like pH, Turbidity, EC, Hardness, CL, NO3−, NO2− , PO34−, NH3, SO42−, F−, CO32−, HCO3−, Ca2+, Mg2+, Na+, K+ and Mn2+ was done according to the standard methods of drinking waters (1053 standard).
Results: The mean of residual chlorine, Turbidity, pH, TDS, Total Hardness and Alkalinity reported 0 (mg/lit), 0.995 (NTU), 7.41, 1037.5 (mg/l), 478 (mg/l) and 288 (mg/l, respectively. The results showed that, in among Cations and Anions there are the following sequence was established: Na+> Ca2+> Mg2+> K+ and SO42− > HCO3− > CL− > NO3− > F− > PO34−> NO2− > NH3- HCO3−, respectively. The concentration of pH, HCO3− and Mn2+ were higher than the limited value of the standard. As such, only the concentration average of Turbidity, Ca2+, Na+ and K+ in spring were more than autumn.
Conclusion:In conclusion, shift in seasons caused changes in some of the indicators under review. Finally, was found that the quality of drinking water of Sefid-allah village, by correcting some of the parameters, there is no problem for used to drinking water.
1. Organization WH. International standards for drinking-water. 1958.
2. Khan S, Shahnaz M, Jehan N, Rehman S, Shah MT, Din I. Drinking water quality and human health risk in Charsadda district, Pakistan. Journal of cleaner production. 2013;60:93-101.
3. Rapant S, Krčmová K. Health risk assessment maps for arsenic groundwater content: application of national geochemical databases. Environmental Geochemistry and Health. 2007;29(2):131-41.
4. Chen J. Analysis of water environment in the Xinjiang arid region. Arid Environ Monit. 2002;16(4):223-7.
5. Velea T, Gherghe L, Predica V, Krebs R. Heavy metal contamination in the vicinity of an industrial area near Bucharest. Environmental Science and Pollution Research. 2009;16(1):27-32.
6. Islam MS, Ahmed MK, Raknuzzaman M, Habibullah-Al-Mamun M, Islam MK. Heavy metal pollution in surface water and sediment: A preliminary assessment of an urban river in a developing country. Ecological Indicators. 2015;48:282-91.
7. Huo T, Lu G, Wang Y, Ren L. A study on impact of livestock and poultry breeding pollution on water environment safety in Shandong Province. Advances in Water Resources and Hydraulic Engineering. 2009:525-30.
8. Wu M, Tang X, Li Q, Yang W, Jin F, Tang M, et al. Review of ecological engineering solutions for rural non-point source water pollution control in Hubei Province, China. Water, Air, & Soil Pollution. 2013;224(5):1561.
9. World Health Organization WHO. Guidelines for drinking water quality: Incorporating first addendum to Third Edition,World Health Organization. Geneva. 2006:375 p.
10. Craun GF, Brunkard JM, Yoder JS, Roberts VA, Carpenter J, Wade T, et al. Causes of outbreaks associated with drinking water in the United States from 1971 to 2006. Clinical Microbiology Reviews. 2010;23(3):507-28.
11. Granado AM, Martínez MV, Frías AT, Banegas PO, Sánchez EM, Domínguez MH, et al. Vigilancia epidemiológica de brotes de transmisión hídrica en España. 1999-2006. Boletín epidemiológico semanal. 2008;16(3):25-8.
12. Espejo-Herrera N, Cantor KP, Malats N, Silverman DT, Tardón A, García-Closas R, et al. Nitrate in drinking water and bladder cancer risk in spain. Environmental research. 2015;137:299-307.
13. Agency USEP. Nitrogen Control. EPA 625/R-93-010, September 1993, Office of Water, Washington, DC. 1993.
14. Egboka B, Ezeonu F. Nitrate and Nitrite pollution and contamination in parts of SE Nigeria. Water Resources. 1990;2(2):101-10.
15. Warner D, editor Drinking water supply and environmental sanitation for health1997: [Unpublished] 1998. Presented at the International Conference on Water and Sustainable Development Paris France March 19-21 1998.
16. Moorcroft MJ, Davis J, Compton RG. Detection and determination of nitrate and nitrite: a review. Talanta. 2001;54(5):785-803.
17. Adelana SMA. Nitrate health effects. Water encyclopedia. 2005.
18. UNESCAP W. Asia Water Watches 2015: Are Countries in Asia on Track to Meet Target 10 of the Millennium Development Goals. Mandaluyong: Asian Development Bank. 2006.
19. Berry D, Xi C, Raskin L. Microbial ecology of drinking water distribution systems. Current opinion in biotechnology. 2006;17(3):297-302.
20. Hong P-Y, Hwang C, Ling F, Andersen GL, LeChevallier MW, Liu W-T. Pyrosequencing analysis of bacterial biofilm communities in water meters of a drinking water distribution system. Applied and Environmental Microbiology. 2010;76(16):5631-5.
21. Ghaderpoori M, Dehghani MH, Fazlzadeh M, Zarei A. Survey of microbial quality of drinking water in rural areas of Saqqez, Iran. Am Eurasian J Agric Environ Sci. 2009;5(5):627-32.
22. Heydari MM, Abbasi A, Rohani SM, Hosseini SMA. Correlation study and regression analysis of drinking water quality in Kashan City, Iran. Walailak Journal of Science and Technology (WJST). 2013;10(3):315-24.
23. Samadi M, Rahmani A, Sedehi M, Sonboli N. Evaluation of chemical quality in 17 brands of Iranian bottled drinking waters. Journal of Research in Health Sciences. 2009;9(2):25-31.
24. Fahiminia M, Jafari Mansoorian H, Ansari M, Saifour Mofrad A, Majidi G, Ansari Tadi R, et al. Evaluation of trends for iron and manganese concentrations in wells, reservoirs, and water distribution networks, Qom city, Iran. 2015.
25. Yari A, Safdari M, Hadadian L, Babakhani M. The physical, chemical and microbial quality of treated water in Qom s desalination plants. 2007.
26. (1053) IoSaIRoI. ISIRI NUMBER 2350-2355.
27. (1053) IoSaIRoI. Drinking water -Physical and chemical specifications.5th.revision.
28. Ashraf S, Afshari H, Ebadi AG. Application of GIS for determination of groundwater quality suitable in crops influenced by irrigation water in the Damghan region of Iran. International Journal of Physical Sciences. 2011;6(4):843-54.
29. Ecura J, Okot-Okumu J, Okurut TO. Monitoring residual chlorine decay and coliform contamination in water distribution network of Kampala, Uganda. Journal of Applied Sciences and Environmental Management. 2011;15(1).
30. IoSaIRo I. Drinking water physical and chemical specifications. Institute of Standards and Industrial Research of Iran. 1997.
31. Sadeghi H, Rohollahi S. Study of Ardabil Drinking Water Physicochemical Parameters. Journal of Ardabil University of Medical Sciences. 2007;7(1):52-6.
32. Kalantari N, Alijani F. Research of under ground water quality of Abbas Khuzestan plain. J Sci Shahid Chamran Univ. 2008;19:84-100.
33. Mohammadian Afzalei M, Sadeghi G. Survey of Contamination in Drinking Water Supply Sources in Zanjan City During the 2000 to 2001 Years. Journal of Zanjan University of Medical Sciences. 2003;11(43):49-54.
34. AkbarPour A. Evaluation and Identify of Water Pollution City of Birjand and Mapping the Distribution of Pollutant Sources. JBUMS; 2006.