عنوان مقاله [English]
Background and Purpose: Various factors are involved in proper waste management. One of the most important and effective components is the scientific and specialized capability of experts and managers working in the waste management field. This research was conducted to investigate the education level and specialty of managers and experts of waste management in cities of Iran.
Materials and Methods: In order to conduct this research, a special checklist was developed and sent to waste management organizations in 31 provinces of Iran in an official letter. Data were collected from 15 waste management organizations of different provinces of Iran and they were analyzed using SPSS software.
Results: The research results revealed that there are about 29 unrelated fields of education, 6 semi-related fields of education, and 2 completely related fields of education) including environmental health engineering and environmental engineering( at various positions in waste management organizations. Only 8.14% of managers and experts had a specialty in completely related fields of study and 33.22% of them were graduates of semi-related fields of study and 58.64% of them graduates of completely unrelated fields of study, working in waste management organizations in the studied provinces.
Conclusion: Based on the research results and also Clause 28 of Waste Management Legislation, reviewing and modifying the process of personnel recruitment and using managers and experts with a relevant specialty in waste management organizations as one of the most effective factors in enhancing the current undesirable condition of waste management seems to be essential.
1. Kolekar K، Hazra T، Chakrabarty S. A review on prediction of municipal solid waste generation models. Procedia Environmental Sciences. 2016;35:238-44.
2. Caniato M. Assessment and design of local regulation in solid waste management in low-and middle-income countries. The Political Economy of Local Regulation: Springer; 2017. p. 277-86.
3. Zaman AU. A comprehensive study of the environmental and economic benefits of resource recovery from global waste management systems. Journal of cleaner production. 2016;124:41-50.
4. de Lorena Diniz Chaves G، dos Santos Jr JL، Rocha SMS. The challenges for solid waste management in accordance with Agenda 21: a Brazilian case review. Waste Management & Research. 2014;32(9_suppl):19-31.
5. Tchobanoglous G، Kreith F. Handbook of Solid Waste Management، Second Edition. edition n، editor. New York، NY، United States: McGraw-Hill Education - Europe; 2002.
6. Verma R، Borongan G، Memon M. Municipal solid waste management in Ho Chi Minh City، Viet Nam، current practices and future recommendation. Procedia Environmental Sciences. 2016;35:127-39.
7. Mohammadi M، Jämsä-Jounela S-L، Harjunkoski I. Optimal planning of municipal solid waste management systems in an integrated supply chain network. Computers & Chemical Engineering. 2019;123:155-69.
8. Yakubu Y، Zhou J. Novel approach to quantify municipal solid waste management hierarchy based on analytical hierarchy process. International Journal of Environmental Science and Technology. 2019;16(4):1897-908.
9. Benis KZ، Safaiyan A، Farajzadeh D، Nadji FK، Shakerkhatibi M، Harati H، et al. Municipal solid waste characterization and household waste behaviors in a megacity in the northwest of Iran. International Journal of Environmental Science and Technology. 2018:1-10.
10. Aleluia J، Ferrão P. Characterization of urban waste management practices in developing Asian countries: A new analytical framework based on waste characteristics and urban dimension. Waste management. 2016;58:415-29.
11. Saat SA، Ali N. Analysing the sustainability of Solid Waste Policy in Malaysia using the Ecological Modernization theory. Geografia-Malaysian Journal of Society and Space. 2017;10(6).
12. Ma J، Hipel KW. Exploring social dimensions of municipal solid waste management around the globe–A systematic literature review. Waste management. 2016;56:3-12.
13. Shekdar AV. Sustainable solid waste management: an integrated approach for Asian countries. Waste management. 2009;29(4):1438-48.
14. Rana R، Ganguly R، Gupta AK. An assessment of solid waste management system in Chandigarh city، India. Electron J Geotech Eng. 2015;20:1547-72.
15. Macke J، Genari D. Systematic literature review on sustainable human resource management. Journal of Cleaner Production. 2019;208:806-15.
16. Nejati M، Rabiei S، Jabbour CJC. Envisioning the invisible: Understanding the synergy between green human resource management and green supply chain management in manufacturing firms in Iran in light of the moderating effect of employees' resistance to change. Journal of cleaner production. 2017;168:163-72.
17. Marino AL، Chaves GdLD، dos Santos Junior JL. Do Brazilian municipalities have the technical capacity to implement solid waste management at the local level? Journal of Cleaner Production. 2018;188:378-86.
18. Deus RM، Battistelle RAG، Silva GHR. Current and future environmental impact of household solid waste management scenarios for a region of Brazil: carbon dioxide and energy analysis. Journal of cleaner production. 2017;155:218-28.
19. Guerrero LA، Maas G، Hogland W. Solid waste management challenges for cities in developing countries. Waste management. 2013;33(1):220-32.
20. Nguyen-Trong K، Nguyen-Thi-Ngoc A، Nguyen-Ngoc D، Dinh-Thi-Hai V. Optimization of municipal solid waste transportation by integrating GIS analysis، equation-based، and agent-based model. Waste management. 2017;59:14-22.
21. Heidari R، Yazdanparast R، Jabbarzadeh A. Sustainable design of a municipal solid waste management system considering waste separators: A real-world application. Sustainable Cities and Society. 2019;47:101457.
22. Rajaeifar MA، Ghanavati H، Dashti BB، Heijungs R، Aghbashlo M، Tabatabaei M. Electricity generation and GHG emission reduction potentials through different municipal solid waste management technologies: A comparative review. Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews. 2017;79:414-39.
23. Yazdani M، Monavari S، Omrani G، Shariat M، Hosseini S. Landfill site suitability assessment by means of geographic information system analysis. Solid Earth. 2015;6(3):945-56.
24. Damghani AM، Savarypour G، Zand E، Deihimfard R. Municipal solid waste management in Tehran: Current practices، opportunities and challenges. Waste management. 2008;28(5):929-34.
25. Moghadam MA، Mokhtarani N، Mokhtarani B. Municipal solid waste management in Rasht City، Iran. Waste Management. 2009;29(1):485-9.
26. Babazadeh T، Nadrian H، Mosaferi M، Allahverdipour H. Identifying Challenges and Barriers to Participating in the Source Separation of Waste Program in Tabriz، Northwest of Iran: A Qualitative Study from the Citizens’ Perspective. Resources. 2018;7(3):53.
27. Rupani PF، Maleki Delarestaghi R، Asadi H، Rezania S، Park J، Abbaspour M، et al. Current Scenario of the Tehran Municipal Solid Waste Handling Rules towards Green Technology. International journal of environmental research and public health. 2019;16(6):979.
28. Jamshidi A، Taghizadeh F، Ata D. Sustainable municipal solid waste management (case study: Sarab County، Iran). Annals of Environmental Science. 2011;5(1):7.
29. Jafari A، Godini H، Mirhousaini S. Municipal solid waste management in KhoramAbad city and experiences. World Acad Sci Eng Technol. 2010;4:163-8.
30. kakaei k، Riyahi Bakhtiari Ar. Investigation Status of Solid Waste landfill by Method of Rapid Impacts Assessment Matrix in Environmental Impact (RIAM) in Hamadan. Journal of Research in Environmental Health. 2016;2(2):173-82 (Persian).
31. Valizadeh S، Shekari Z. Evaluation of Iranian Leopold Matrix application in the Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) of solid waste management options in Birjand city. Iranian Journal of Health and Environment. 2015;8(2):249-62 (Persian).
32. Human's Environmental Laws،Regulation Griteria and Standards. Chapter Four: Laws، regulations، and guidelines related to water and soil pollution( Rule Number: 28). Tehran: Hak، (2012) (Persian).
33. Ghinea C، Drăgoi EN، Comăniţă E-D، Gavrilescu M، Câmpean T، Curteanu S، et al. Forecasting municipal solid waste generation using prognostic tools and regression analysis. Journal of environmental management. 2016;182:80-93.
34. Lagerkvist A، Dahlén L. Solid Waste Generation and Characterization. Recovery of Materials and Energy from Urban Wastes: A Volume in the Encyclopedia of Sustainability Science and Technology، Second Edition. 2019:7-20.
35. McAllister J. Factors influencing solid-waste management in the developing World. 2015.
36. Soltani A، Hewage K، Reza B، Sadiq R. Multiple stakeholders in multi-criteria decision-making in the context of municipal solid waste management: a review. Waste Management. 2015;35:318-28.
37. de Sousa Jabbour ABL، Jabbour CJC، Sarkis J، Govindan K. Brazil’s new national policy on solid waste: challenges and opportunities. Clean Technologies and Environmental Policy. 2014;16(1):7-9.
38. Berliner D، Greenleaf A، Lake M، Noveck J. Building capacity، building rights? State capacity and labor rights in developing countries. World Development. 2015;72:127-39.
39. Terman JN، Feiock RC. Improving outcomes in fiscal federalism: Local political leadership and administrative capacity. Journal of Public Administration Research and Theory. 2014;25(4):1059-80.
40. Wu SJ، Zhang D. Analyzing the effectiveness of quality management practices in China. International Journal of Production Economics. 2013;144(1):281-9.
41. Graves LM، Sarkis J، Zhu Q. How transformational leadership and employee motivation combine to predict employee proenvironmental behaviors in China. Journal of Environmental Psychology. 2013;35:81-91.
42. Dehghani Z، Teif MH. The Relationship between Job Resilience and Entrepreneurship Capacity among Employees of Waste Management Organization of Shiraz Municipality. International conference on modern researchs in management، economics & accounting; Germani-Berlin1395. p. 1-9 (in Persian).
43. Morden T. Principles of management: Routledge; 2017.
44. Bunderson JS، Van Der Vegt GS، Cantimur Y، Rink F. Different views of hierarchy and why they matter: hierarchy as inequality or as cascading influence. Academy of Management Journal. 2016;59(4):1265-89.
45. Nabavi-Pelesaraei A، Bayat R، Hosseinzadeh-Bandbafha H، Afrasyabi H، Chau K-w. Modeling of energy consumption and environmental life cycle assessment for incineration and landfill systems of municipal solid waste management-A case study in Tehran Metropolis of Iran. Journal of cleaner production. 2017;148:427-40.
46. Erami S، Maleki A، Shahmoradi B. Municipal solid waste management in Mahabad Town، Iran. Journal of Environmental Science and Technology. 2015:1-9.
47. Babaei AA، Alavi N، Goudarzi G، Teymouri P، Ahmadi K، Rafiee M. Household recycling knowledge، attitudes and practices towards solid waste management. Resources، Conservation and Recycling. 2015;102:94-100.
48. Almasi A، Mohammadi M، Azizi A، Berizi Z، Shamsi K، Shahbazi A، et al. Assessing the knowledge، attitude and practice of the kermanshahi women towards reducing، recycling and reusing of municipal solid waste. Resources، Conservation and Recycling. 2019;141:329-38.
49. Torabi-Kaveh M، Babazadeh R، Mohammadi S، Zaresefat M. Landfill site selection using combination of GIS and fuzzy AHP، a case study: Iranshahr، Iran. Waste Management & Research. 2016;34(5):438-48.
50. Fathi H، Zangane A، Fathi H، Moradi H، Lahiji A. Municipal solid waste characterization and it is assessment for potential compost production: A case study in Zanjan city، Iran. American journal of Agriculture and Forestry. 2014;2(2):39-44.
51. Samadi M، Kashitarash Esfahani Z، Naddafi K. Comparison the efficacy of fenton and “nzvi+ h2o2” processes in municipal solid waste landfill leachate treatment (case study: hamadan landfill leachate). International Journal of Environmental Research. 2013;7(1):187-94.