عنوان مقاله [English]
Background and Objective: Since, the treated effluents can be used as a reliable and sustainable source for agricultural activities, the treatment and recycling of wastewater is the most important solution in the arid and semi-arid regions of the world, such as Iran. a In Iran, the reuse of treated wastewater is becoming a validated method to recycle useful ingredients of the wastewater to the water cycle. Therefore, the present study was conducted to determine the quality of Torbat-Heydarieh's municipal wastewater treatment plant effluent for irrigation and agricultural uses.
Method: In this study, the chemical and microbiological analysis of Torbat-Heydarieh's municipal sewage treatment plant effluent has been investigated for agricultural uses in the mentioned method in 2015 year. The considered output parameters of the wastewater were (Total Suspended Solid)TSS, Biochemical Oxygen Demand (BOD5), COD, Coliform, nitrate, Turbidity parameter, sulfate, phosphate, chloride and poisonous non-organic compounds. Data analysis was performed using DSTAT software and statistical volume of 45 samples.
Findings: The results of the chemical analysis of municipal sewage showed that the amount of nitrate in the wastewater is higher than the standards of World Organization Health (WHO) and (Food and agriculture Organization) FAO. Therefore, appropriate strategies should be considered for agricultural applications.
Conclusion: The results of the chemical analysis of municipal sewage showed that total TDS, dissolved Oxygen, BOD, COD, caloric, magnesium, sodium and calcium, phosphate and chloride in sewage treatment plant are in standard range.
1. Sepaskhah A, Tavakoli A, Musavi F. Principles and application irrigation. Iran National Irrigation and Drainage Committee 2006.
2. Monzavi M. Water pollution from wastewater. Invironment 1999.
3. Nadafi K, Nabizadeh V. Wastewater stabilization ponds (principles of design and implementation0. Nas Publishing 1996; 174 pages (in Persian).
4. Al.Salem, S. Environmental consideration for wastewater reuse in agriculture. Wat. Sci. Tach 1998; 33:345-355.
5. Asano T, Levine A D.. Wastewater reclamation and reuse. Post, present and fytyre. J. Water. Sci. Technol 1996; 33: 1-14.
6. Papadopoulos L, Stylianon, Y. Trickle irrigation of cotton with treated sewage effluent. J. Environ. Qual 1988; 17:574-580.
7. Phashazadeh M, Mehrdadi N. Investigating the efficiency of wastewater treatment plant of industrial town Salman Shahr for the removal of wastewater pollutants and its wastewater reuse. The 5th National Congress on civil Engineering. 4-6 May, Ferdowsi University of Mashhad 2010.
8. Papadopoulos L, Stylianon Y. Trickle irrigation of sunflower with municipal wastewater. Agric. Water Manage 1991; 19: 67-75.
9. Erfani A, Alizadeh A. use of domestic refined wastewater in irrigation. Third National Conference on Environmental Health, Kerman University of Medical Science 2001; 252 pages.
10. Gamito P, Arsenio A, Faleiro M L, Brito J M, Beltrao J. The influence of wastewater treatment of irrigation water quality, International Workshop on, Improved Crop Quality by Nutrient Management, Izmir, Turkey 1999; 267-270.
11. Safari Gh, Vaezi F, Asadi A. Selection criteria for irrigation with effulent. Water and Wastewater 2002; 42: 59-67.
12. Abedi M, Najafi P. Use of refined wastewater in agriculture. Publications of Iranian National Irrigation and Drainage Committee 2001; 252 pages.
13. Rezaie M, Babaie H. Investigation the active sludge process by extensive aeration in Torbat-Heydarieh wastewater treatment plant and its qualitative waste discharge analysis. The First Environmental, Energy and Clean Industry Conference 2013.
14. Naiemy L, Javid A H, Mirbaghery S A. Investigation the effect of reuse of wastewater treatment plant in urban green spaces for sustainable development (case study: west Tehran town). Sustainability, Development and Environment 2014; 37-46.
15. Mehravaran B, Ansary H, beheshti A, Esmaili K. Investigate the feasibility of using wastewater purication in irrigation due to its environmental impacts (the effluent treatment plants parkandabad Mashhad). Iranian Journal of Irrigation and Drainage 2015; 3(9): 440-447 (in Persian).
16. Asgari A, Albaji M. Investigation the possibility of using wastewater for agriculture (case study: Shahrekordʼs municipal sewage treatment plant). J. of Water and Soil Conservation 2017; 24(2): 303-308 (in Persian).
17. Hatami T, Nadali A, Roshanaei G A, Shokoohi R. Feasibility of reuse of effluent from the extended eeration process of wastewater treatment plant in the Bojnoord city for agricultural and irrigation uses. Pajouhan Scientific Journal 2018; 16 (3): 20-28 (in Persian).
18. Rasolevandi T, Moradi H, Azarpira H, Mahvi AH , Aali R, Sarlak Z, Ghorbanpour MA , Sadeghipour M, Atamalekib A. Investigation of nitrate and nitrite concentration and other physicochemical parameters of drinking water sources in Saveh city during the year of 2018. Iranian Journal of Research in Environmental Health. Summer 2018;4 (2) :140-145.
19. Mohammadi AA, Yousefi M, Yaseri M, Jalilzadeh M, Mahvi AH. Skeletal fluorosis in relation to drinking water in rural areas of West Azerbaijan, Iran. Scientific reports. 2017;7(1):17300.
20. Haddadi L, Marandi R, Sajadi N. Performance Evaluation of wastewater treatment plant of Noosh Azar company by online monitoring station. Journal of Research in Environmental. 2018; 3(4): 257-266.
21. Cristóvão RO, Botelho CM, Martins RJ, Loureiro JM, BoaveNTUra RA. Fish canning industry wastewater treatment for water reuse–a case study. Journal of Cleaner Production. 2015 Jan 15;87:603-12.
22. Alemu T, Mekonnen A, Leta S. Integrated tannery wastewater treatment for effluent reuse for irrigation: Encouraging water efficiency and sustainable development in developing countries. Journal of Water Process Engineering. 2017 Nov 3.23.Torkian A. Environmental Engineering. First Volume, Kankash Publication 1991.
24. Kherghani K. the effect of domestic refined wastewater on the quality and yield of Cucmber and Carros and soil yield. Master Theses, Faculty of Agriculture, Ferdowsi University of Mashhad 1996.
25. Crites R W, Tchobanoglous G. Small and decentralized wastewater management systems, McGraw-Hill, New York, N Y 1998.
26. 22. DehghaniFirouzabady A, ZareiMahmoody H, Ehrampush M H. Investigation on industrial wastewaters reuse of industrial towns for agricultual and irrigation uses (case study: treatment plant of Jahan Abad Meybod industrial town). J Toloo E Behdasht 2014; 46-55 (in Persian).
27. Dezhkam S, Khajehossini L. Feasibility of the reuse of wastewater of Ahwaz industrial town for irrigation of agriculture zones and green space. The Second Technical Conference on Environmental Engineering. 21-22 Nov. University of Tehran, Iran 2011 (in Persian).
28. Moulavi, H. and Mirzaie, F. 2010. Feasibility of using refined industrial wastewater in agriculture and green space case study: Alborz industrial city plant, Qazvin province, Second National Seminar on Recoverable and Recoverable Waters in Water Resources Management, Mashhad, Sarvab Consulting Engineer.
29. Alaton IA, Tanik A, Ovez S, Iskender G, Gure M, Orhon D. Reuse potential of urban wastewater treatment plant effluents in Turkey: a case study on selected plants. Desalination. 2007; 215(1):159-165.
30. Mahmudian M, Fahiminia M, Sepehrnia, B. Investigation of the existing status and performance of wastewater treatment plant of industrial town Shokohiyeh in Qom in 2007. 11th National Conference on Health of Environment. 28-19 Oct. Zahedan University of Medical Sciences, Iran 2008 (in Persian).
31. Bagheri Ardebilian P, Sadeghi H, Nabaii A, Bagheri Ardebilian M. Assessment of Wastewater Treatment Plant Efficiency: a Case Study in Zanjan. Journal of Health. 2010 Oct 15;1(3):67-75.( Persian).
32. Nasseri S, Sadeghi T, Vaezi F, Naddafi K. Quality of Ardabil wastewater treatment plant effluent for reuse in agriculture. Journal of Health. 2012 Oct 15;3(3):73-80.( Persian).